50 Tips from Shetland Knitters DVD
Shetlanders Hazel Tindall and Elizabeth Johnston have been knitting for many years, using the efficient knitting techniques perfected by generations of Shetlanders. Hazel knits and designs mainly Fair Isle, while Elizabeth spins, dyes, weaves, designs and knits both lace and fair isle.
The 3.5 hour 2-disc DVD includes:
- casting on
- how to hold yarns and needles
- working edge stitches, and making stitches from edges
- increasing and decreasing
- two colour knitting and how to catch floats
- joining pieces, including grafting, seaming and simple 3 needle bind off
- joing yarn in plain, lace and fair isle
- reading charts
- thumbs, pockets, heels, fingers, buttonholes, using beads
- fixing mistakes
Please note we cannot guarantee the DVD will play in an international DVD player - the advice we have is:
This is the problem of the USA having a different TV system (NTSC) compared with Europe (PAL). Many (but not all) DVD players and TVs handle this without you knowing, but at times it doesn’t happen. As we understand it, there is no way of predicting which players will handle the difference and which will not. If in doubt, the download option (available from Hazel's website) will be a better choice.