Prices and Payment
All of the prices shown are in £ sterling and include UK VAT. If you are outside the UK, the prices will be automatically adjusted at the end of the chekout process.
We accept payment by most major credit and debit cards securely through RBS Worldpay. We also accept PayPal. Select your chosen method of payment at checkout.
All items offered on our website are subject to availability. To purchase any of the items on our Web Site, click the "Add to Basket" button shown on each product page. When you place an order we will send you an e-mail confirming receipt of your order and containing the details of your order. You will recieve another email from us when the order is dispatched. We aim to dispatch all online orders within two working days. Please keep in mind that we are a small company and it may take us a little longer during busy periods. We always get our orders out as quickly as possible.
Jamieson & Smith (Shetland Wool Brokers) Ltd fully comply with UK Distance Selling Regulations.
If you have received an incorrect or damaged item please contact us at email@example.com or 01595 693579, as soon as possible and we will be happy to offer a replacement (subject to availability) or refund.
If you are unhappy with any item you may return it at your expense, in it's original condition within 7 days for an exchange or refund.
Should you wish to return your purchase within 7 days, please return to the address below with your original order slip, and the reasons for your return.
Jamieson & Smith Returns
90 North Road
Within 28 days we may allow goods to be returned, subject to discretion. Please contact us if you would like to return items within this period, to ensure we will accept the stock back.
Any undelivered orders will be queried with our postal service after a four week period has passed.
These Terms and Conditions do not affect any of your statutory rights.
VAT NUMBER 265 5875 18
COMPANY REGISTRATION NUMBER SC028 5156
Telephone number 01595 693579
Seasons of the Crofter T&C’s
- The competition is hosted by Jamieson & Smith Shetland Wool Brokers Ltd (aka ‘the promoter’) (company no. SC028 5156) whose registered office is at 90 North Road, Lerwick, Shetland, ZE1 0PQ.
- The competition is open to all ages and nationalities as long as they have links to the Shetland Islands as described in the competition rules (below), except employees of Jamieson and Smith Ltd, the Competition Partners and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
- The overall winning prize of a Vispring Shetland bed set may only be received by a resident of Shetland. A non-Shetland resident may nominate a Shetland resident as recipient.
The overall winning prize of a stay at Sumburgh Head Lighthouse may be transferred to another party upon request by winning entrant.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via http://shetlandwoolbrokers.co.uk
- Multiple entries are allowed but will be restricted to one winning submission per entrant.
- Closing date for entry will be 21st July 2019. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
- The competition is open to all residents of Shetland and their descendants or extended family, of any age, wherever they may be across the globe * Please Note: The overall winning prize of a Vispring Real Shetland bed set is only available to residents of Shetland / The Sumburgh Head Lighthouse prize may be transferred to another party upon request
- Multiple entries are permitted but only one prize will be awarded per entrant
- All entries must depict Shetland crofting life in one (or more) of the changing seasons
- All entries can be present or historical; memories of the past are more than welcome
- All photographic entries are advised to be submitted in their original format/scanned to at least 300dpi and be no larger than 4GB in size
- All video entries must be between 1 – 3 minutes long (if longer, may be subject to editing) and no larger than 5GB in size
- All story/written entries must be approximately 100-300 words in length
- All entrants must include names, dates and locations (wherever possible) to support their entries
- Entrants must have full permission to share images, names and other associated intellectual property
- Please include contact information for each entry
- By entering the Seasons of the Shetland Crofter Competition, all entrants agree to have their personal information handled in accordance with GDPR guidelines and opt-in to receive marketing information from the main Competition Partners (some information may be shared with relevant third parties in order to process winning entries)
- By entering the Seasons of the Shetland Crofter Competition, all entrants agree to give Jamison and Smith and the Competition Partners full rights to use images/video/words submitted for their own purposes
- Competition Closes 21st July 2019 After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted
- Failure to comply with any of the above requirements may end in disqualification
- For more information, please see the main competition webpage or contact us directly via the Contact Us page on the Shetland Wool Brokers website
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The prizes per category and overall winner are as stated on the official competition webpage at: (enter competition host page URL) and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. Only the overall winning prizes are eligible to be transferred to a recipient other than the winning entrant. All other prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winners will be chosen by a panel of judges representing each of the three main Competition Partners (details available on the official competition webpage).
- The winner will be notified by email and/or DM on Twitter/Facebook and/or letter within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter will notify each winner when and where their prize can be collected / is delivered.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by British law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Scotland.
- All winners agree to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current [UK] data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to any unknown third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Competition Partners consist of:
Jamieson & Smith Ltd - http://www.shetlandwoolbrokers.co.uk
Vispring Ltd - https://vispring.com
Shetland Amenity Trust – https://www.shetlandamenity.org
The Real Shetland Company Ltd - http://realshetland.com